The Parish Council joins together for the purpose of implementing and augmenting the work of the Holy Catholic Church within the Parish. The Council shall have the objective of affirmatively assisting the Pastor and Priests of the Parish in fulfilling the Parish mission. The Council shall have the continuing duty of providing an open, direct, and ongoing means of communication between the Clergy and parishioners.
The Council shall suggest and implement policies governing the temporal activity of the Parish and coordinate the activity of the Parish organizations by:
- Advising and assisting the Pastor in the administration and development of spiritual matters in the parish.
- Encouraging a more prominent lay involvement in the life of the parish community.
- Cooperating with other churches and civic organizations in serving the community at large.
- Serving as a medium of communication between our own parish and the Archdiocesan Church.
- Acting with the Priests of the Parish in determining the special needs of the Parish. The Council shall be involved in evaluating any programs so constructed and be involved in establishing priorities and goals for the Parish.