Greetings and Welcome to the Saint Catherine of Siena Parish!
We are a growing and vibrant Catholic community comprised of some 1,000 families and households with a good deal of diversity young singles and older, married couples, youthful families with young school-aged children and middle-aged clans with college-age young adults, single folks, empty nesters, and wise and wonderful retirees.
Saint Catherine of Siena is an active parish of very committed and loyal disciples of Christ who recognize the relevance and applicability of our faith in today’s modern world. We live it out in our daily lives with great devotion, enjoyment, and a great concern for others. We are a Catholic community involved in prayerful worship and social outreach, and we do it all with a joyful expression of our Catholic teachings and faith.
Come join us as we thank God for all His many blessings and as we continue to spread His mission and ministry with others in so many different ways.
You will see by our Sunday bulletin that we are an active, faithful, and an inviting community. The bulletin and this website are wonderful weekly overviews of the many ways you can become involved in many different and interesting ways building a stronger community and a stronger faith life for yourself or even to be touched by our parish or ministries, if you are in need.
- Be a part of our liturgies on Sundays or any day of the week;
- Join our Men’s Club Ministry or Women’s Club Ministry and see how the faith is lived out in social activities—from our wine tastings, Alleluia Party, and annual parish family picnic to social action where mercy projects feed the hungry and folks rebuild homes for the poor;
- Join our active Youth Ministry and see how making a difference in our community isn’t limited to adults and can be lots of fun;
- Bring your family to our spectacular and lively religious education program and pass on the faith to the next generation of believers shaping morals, values, lifestyles and the community;
- Become an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion here in the parish or out at Saint Francis Hospital and bring the Lord and His many graces to those in need;
- Be a lector and help proclaim the Word of God to your brothers and sisters who are hoping to hear and gain some positive insights;
- Join Comitas and help a neighbor with a hot meal or a ride to a doctor’s office.
- Got a talent for buildings and grounds? We have a committee for that;
- Like to sing or play music? There’s a choir or two or three for that also;
- Want to join a Small Christian Community and learn more about the Sacred Scriptures and how the play-out in our lives today? We have it here;
- Do you like to knit? Join our Prayer Shawl Ministry and join the prayers of our parish with the warmth of a shawl for someone suffering the loss of a loved one or who has an illness;
- Or…if you have an idea for a ministry, we are open to seeing how we can add your ideas to our great Catholic faith and traditions.
Please introduce yourself to me after Mass, call the parish office, or come to a Parish Council meeting or ministry meeting anytime feel free and welcome to jump right in.
May the peace of Christ be with you and those you love!
Father Michael Whyte
and the good people of Saint Catherine of Siena.